Now here the gist of Bruce's argument. He's not a democrat. However he feels that he needs to be at a Democratic debate. Since we're in a primary season not sure why he thinks that it needs to be open to non democrats. IMHO if other parties had more supportable candidates they too could hold their own Debate. Yet, I decided to respond by saying as much and of course Twitter hilarity ensues after I send him a link http://www.dcboee.org/election_info/election_year2014/Primary_Election.asp which of course shows we have more than one party in DC and that they are "qualified to hold primaries" not guarentted them.
Anywho, Here the convo just to save you non twitter people from having to slum-it on social media to check this out.
Mine in Red Bruce in Blue
- @wardthreedc @BruceMajors4DC You know it’s the Democratic Primary right? Hence only Democrats, we will have a general election which will be interesting
- Bruce Majors @BruceMajors4DC @wardthreedc I know disinformation is why we have a corrupt one party state. Four parties have primaries on April 1 #dcision14 #dc #tlot
- @wardthreedc @BruceMajors4DC Look like it or not a democratic primary is just that for Democrats, I don’t like it any better then you.
- @BruceMajors4DC FYI #DC has 4 parties dcboee.org/election_info/… might want to learn how party system works before acting like a baby on SM
- Bruce Majors @BruceMajors4DC @wardthreedc There are three other parties on the primary ballot, some with fairly full slates
- @BruceMajors4DC Don’t confuse Ballots which are givin out on election day w/ debates which can happen during Primaries and General Election
- Bruce Majors @BruceMajors4DC @wardthreedc Just pointing out that there are four primaries, you post implied you did not know
- @BruceMajors4DC BTW running for office and insulting people is not really a good strategy. However go on with you bad WINGNUT self.
- Bruce Majors @BruceMajors4DC @wardthreedc It doesn't have to work the way they want it to. To many fora, DCTV, etc have excluded non Dems. Part of why people don't vote
- @BruceMajors4DC I agreed that we have 4 parties and I don’t agree that you get to vote willy nilly in primary since ours aren’t open.
- Bruce Majors @BruceMajors4DC @wardthreedc By the way what you sent as a link contradicts your first tweet to me. It clearly states there are four parties in the primary
- Bruce Majors @BruceMajors4DC @wardthreedc And again you restate your first error. There are 4 parties in the primaries April 1, not just Democrat
- ME No response given since it's a broken record.
- Bruce Majors @BruceMajors4DC @wardthreedc You remain incorrect. There are 4 parties on the April 1 primary ballot and any voter can ask for a ballot in any party
- ME No response given and the hence the reason for this blog.
- @wardthreedc @BruceMajors4DC BTW thanks for the blog post Idea about dealing with folks clueless to how DC works and thus Y it don’t change. #DCision14
PSS BTW for a Libertarian having the Government force us to hold primaries and debates for them seems counter to the whole party foundation.